Deadline: No later than 30 November 2020
Salary Ranges: R10 800 – R17 900 Monthly
Job Description Brief
We are looking for an astute Procurement Officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The Procurement Officer’s responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
Procurement Officer is responsible for evaluating suppliers, products, and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality.
To be successful as a Procurement Officer you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top Procurement Officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analysing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining good supplier relations
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up to date with industry trends
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration , accounting, or related field preferred
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player